Graduate Student Employment Opportunities
U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at ARL
Available for graduate students who are not registered for credits or have completed all of their course requirements. May apply any time during the year on open positions.
- Grad Student Employment Opportunities (PDF)
- General Conditions of Graduate Student Appointments (PDF)
Exceptional students are encouraged to apply for ARL-Walker Graduate Assistantships.
ARL-Walker Graduate Assistantships
Researchers at ARL are working on challenging technologies that are relevant to national security and defense. A limited number of ARL Walker Assistantships provide opportunities for outstanding students to perform innovative research in areas such as:
- Communications Systems
- Geospatial Systems
- Data Visualization and Collaboration Tools
- Image Processing
- Computer Science
- Information Science
- Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, Data Fusion
- Autonomous Systems and Intelligent Control
- Energy Science and Power Systems
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Materials Characterization, Design and Processing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Systems and Operations Automation
- Undersea Vehicle Design, Guidance and Control
- Ocean Acoustics
Students must be accepted into the Penn State Graduate School, pursuing their MS and/or PhD degrees in an engineering-related graduate program within Penn State from the College of Engineering, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Eberly College of Science, or School of Information Sciences and Technology. Successful candidates will have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above during their junior and senior years. May apply after acceptance into the specific Graduate School, beginning fall semester on open positions.
Get in touch with ARL at DESPO@arl.psu.edu.