Diversity at ARL
- Diversity at ARL
- ARL Diversity Committee
- Initiatives, Memberships, Publications
- Diversity Recruiting & Retention
- Summer Faculty Research Program
- FSM Summer Internship
- ARL Open D.O.O.R.
- Diversity at Penn State
- to make every reasonable attempt to broaden the diversity of its work force given the constraints imposed by the necessity of maintaining and improving the technical capabilities of ARL staff; and
- to maintain a work environment which empowers the work force, to the fullest extent possible, and in which work is assigned to challenge every member of every project team and to utilize fully the capabilities of each member; and
- to promote sensitivity towards cultural, professional, and personal diversity brought to the work place by members of the staff, to foster understanding and tolerance of their unique differences, and thereby enable and enhance the contribution of each member of the staff by other members of her or his project team, his department, and the ARL in general.
The ARL Diversity Committee hosted a "Celebrating Our Differences Open House" on Monday, December 14, 2009 in the Applied Science Building Lobby & Auditorium.
Attendees enjoyed cultural treats (prepared by your fellow employees) while listening to music from around the world, perusing exhibits, or viewing a PowerPoint presentation of ARL employees on travel to different parts of the world. International coffee and tea was served which was funded by the Director.
ARL's Diversity's Tactical Plan includes these efforts:
- broaden the diversity of ARL's work force
- maintain an empowered work environment
- and promote sensitivity towards cultural, professional, and personal diversity